Friday, September 21, 2012

Update

I just want to apologize to everyone for posting very little now that school has started. Although the pressures of the school year are in full swing, there are other reasons I have not had much time to blog. I have been a little under-the-weather lately. But, I am happy to announce that we are expecting our second child in March. The first trimester queasiness is starting to subside and I'm getting more energy back. I hope to post more regularly now. That is, until the second baby arrives :) But, I am currently experiencing some insomnia, which is why I'm blogging at 4 am.

On another note, this year I have been blessed with my very first student teacher. Although Ms. Morrison's passion is to become an orchestra director, she is slowly becoming more comfortable working at the elementary level. I am confident that if she finds herself in an elementary position, she will serve her students well. She has one more week with us before she must move on to her secondary placement. I will be sad to see her go; I have enjoyed her companionship.

Lastly, (drumroll, please . . . )
Next Thursday at our faculty meeting we will be trained on our new iPads! I am so excited! For anyone who has read my blog, you probably know how much I love new technology. We are VERY fortunate to have interactive white boards, document cameras, among many other things. We received most of this technology through our construction renovation. The special ed department received iPads last year with special ed funds. Our principal somehow found money to supply the rest of the faculty with iPads as well. I will certainly  be blogging about this technology in the near future. So, stay tuned!

1 comment: