Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Rainy Day Rhythms

It is spring! I've got some rainy day resources for your music lessons.

This video is a read aloud of "Listen To the Rain" by Bill Martin, Jr. and John Archambault. It is paired with Chopin's "Raindrop Prelude". It starts bright with gentle sprinkles. The middle section is more dark and gloomy as the storm brews. At the end, the sun returns with a rainbow and it is bright and happy again. The music and book pair so well together. 



I used the song "Pitter Patter" from Let's Play Music. I actually turned this song into an ABA form to mimic the book. I asked the kids to create some motions for the A section and some different motions for the B section.


We created some rhythmic compositions to replace the B section of the Pitter Patter song. Since I am teaching digitally at the moment, I created a Scratch game to aid in their compositions. The students can click on the rhythms to cycle through 8 different rhythm choices. They can click the green button to hear the rhythms. They can click the purple button to hear the song in ABA form with the rhythms inserted as the B section. 



I hope your students enjoy some of these rainy day music activities!

No comments:

Post a Comment