Monday, August 22, 2016

Boomwhacker Storage Upgrade







In the past, I have posted about my Boomwhacker storage, but have acquire many more sets since then. Here is a look at my previous Boomwhacker Storage.


I created these dividers out of hand drum boxes. I would slide the box right into my wall of cabinets.


Since I have purchased more diatonic, bass, and chromatic sets, I needed a new storage system.


For the diatonic treble sets, I took an adjustable shelf off my short metal bookcase. I went to Big Lots armed with a post-it with measurements of the height, width, and depth of my shelf and the width of one Boomwhacker or 2 side by side. I took some measuring tape with me to the store. After much deliberation, I purchased 8 vertical file holders which cost $2.50 each. At first, I was going to spray paint them to match the Boomwhackers, but getting custom colors would be expensive very quickly. So, I decided to make some labels.



This shelf used to store textbooks which I rarely ever use. Those books are now in my wooden cabinet and are available if needed. These Boomwhackers are now easily accessible and visually pleasing.

To store the bass and chromatic sets, I used grocery bag holders from IKEA. These were only $1.99 each! They are mounted with 3M Velcro strips. I have left room to grow my collection and plan on purchasing some more bass and chromatic sets this year.


I love how this useless space behind the door now serves a purpose! My custodian has sent a work order for maintenance to install a doorstop on the tile to prevent the door from squishing the Boomwhackers. I'll add a picture when it is installed.

If you would like a copy of my Boomwhacker labels, I have added them to my store on Teachers Pay Teachers. They include labels for treble, bass, and chromatic sets. There is an option for labels with solfa hand signs or with staff notation. There are bass labels with single notes, or with combinations of notes like you see above in my picture. This set has lots of options for you to customize for your own Boomwhacker collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment