Saturday, August 20, 2016

National Standards Bulletin Board


My room is nearly ready for a full tour, but I thought I would give another sneak peak to keep you satisfied until I finish one more project.

I have had this "Music Is a Treat" bulletin board for the longest time and I still love it! Each ice cream scoop has one of the old 9 National Standards.


This year, my state adopted the new National Core Arts Standards. I decided to retire my ice cream board and create a new design that would serve as advocacy for my program and also as a reference for me. I was a little overwhelmed trying to digest these standards, but this board is definitely going to help me grasp their structure.

I designed the board using the anchor standards provided in the document. I simplified each standard into simple "I can..." statements. The standards are color coded for each of the four processes: Create, Perform, Respond, and Connect.


I hoped to use this board as a reference, but it is on the wall opposite my desk and it is difficult to read the "I can..." statements from far away. So, I also created a one-page reference sheet that I have placed in my lesson plan binder.


This bulletin board set and teacher reference sheet are available on my Teachers Pay Teachers store. I hope you can find it helpful as you tackle these new standards.





No comments:

Post a Comment