Friday, June 3, 2016

Happy Summer!

Yesterday was our closing day! I enjoyed my first evening practicing my ukulele in the backyard, listening to the birds chirp, and watching my children swing. To all my teacher friends, I hope you have a wonderful summer!!!


Please, no judgement on my uke skills. I just started learning in January and at the end of March I had wrist surgery after falling down the stairs. On a side note, the ukulele seems to be great physical therapy to improve my wrist flexibility!



2 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm hoping to get some ukes for my kids next year, so it's probably time for me to pick one up and start practicing myself :) I've got 7 more school days left, so I'm not far behind you! Happy summer! #fermatafridays

    ReplyDelete
  2. My student teacher got me playing. I had a soprano in my storage closet and had never even attempted to play it. They are now learning ukulele in methods class so she showed me a few chords. I was hooked and bought my own concert size just a few weeks later. I definitely need to write a grant for a class set.

    ReplyDelete